“The starting point of all achievement is a burning desire. Keep this constantly in mind. Weak desire brings weak results, just as a small fire makes a small amount of heat.”
– Napoleon Hill
Having a dream is like having fuel for a rocket ship, as your dreams can fuel your success. In this article I’ll share three success factors for helping you to achieve your dream.
- The first success factor is to identify your dream. When you know what your dream is, you can plot a course to achieve it.
- The second success factor is to get crystal clear on your “why” for wanting this dream to become a reality.
- The third success factor is to prioritize time and create a laser focus for doing what it takes to achieve your dream.
Step One: Identify your heartfelt dream
The first step is to get clear on what your dream is. It could be that you have many dreams, and that’s wonderful. To help you achieve your dreams, focus on them and plan for them, one dream at a time.
Action Step: Give thought to these questions and spend some time writing about the following:
- If you could have, be or do anything, what would that be?
- What have you always wanted to do?
- What do you want to accomplish?
- What would you like to have happen in your life, if you knew there were no limitations?
- What is your #1 dream, one that you would love to achieve with all of your heart?
Step Two: Get clear on your why as this will help to boost your determination and your success.
A key component for achieving your dream is for you to have a huge, “Why” for wanting this dream to become a reality.
- Is your why to build the home of your dreams so you can start a family or take care of your elderly parents?
- Is it to achieve a level of financial success so you can send your children to college or be able to travel across the globe?
- Is it to make a difference in the world by bringing awareness to a specific cause or to help raise funds to rectify injustices?
There is no limit to what you can accomplish if you have a big enough why.
Action Step: What is your why for wanting to achieve your dream? Give this some thought and spend some time writing about it.
Step Three: Create a laser focus and take daily steps to complete your goals and achieve your dream.
There are so many things competing for our time and attention. However, if you don’t prioritize time to do what it takes to make your dream a reality, time will continue to march by, and your dream may seem unattainable.
Action Step: Here are a few tips to help you prioritize time you spend, taking action, to achieve your dream. You may want to print off or copy the following onto sticky notes that you post where you can see them each day.
- Time invested in one area, is time away from another. Decide where you’ll focus your time.
- Schedule recurring times in your calendar so you can consistently focus on taking steps towards completing goals and achieving your dream.
- As you go through each day, ask yourself, “Is what I’m doing right now taking me closer to my dream?” If so – go for it, if not, consider shifting gears.
- Prioritize people over paper. Delegate, Delegate, Delegate!
- Stop looking at your limitations, look at your possibilities!
Join in the Conversation
Scroll down to join in the conversation. What is one thing you can do today to help you get closer to making your dream a reality?
Check out D’vorah’s informative workshop on “How to Transform Your Book into an Online Course.“