Is April already over? We had a pretty crazy month… and launched several fun new projects!
Here’s your monthly one-stop-resource guide of the awesome things that appeared on The Book Ninja blog… As well as some cool stuff we’re doing “on the side” that you’ll enjoy.
In April we:
- Held our two awesome Open Office Hours coaching calls for The Book Ninja Academy and saw students have major breakthroughs.
- Added five new articles to the blog… (Scroll down for direct links.)
- Assisted in a promotion that raised over $4,000 for Pencils of Promise, an organization that builds schools in extremely impoverished areas in Ghana, Guatemala, and Laos. What a great way to give back!
- Created the official book launch and best seller campaign for our anthology book for Writing is Art.
- BOTH turned 40… That’s right, the BIG 4-0!
- Watched the most recent Game of Thrones episode. (Hey, we actually do take some time “off”… LOL!)
- And I’m sure there’s more… LOL!
In April Kristen also:
- Celebrated her hubs Tony’s birthday.
- Re-launched their old antique booth Precious Pastimes in a new antique mall.
- Taught a course on branding called Show Up, Stand Out, Make Bank!
- Spoke on a panel at Penn State about entrepreneurship for Startup Week.
- Attended her first traditional “networking event” in years.
- Ran two tables at a local Ladies Night event for her retail stores.
- Got to meet her new ragdoll kitten, Tacocat (who will come home in late May!)
- Deep cleaned her home office… (This took, well, a couple weeks.)
- Met with a potential new local business partner to launch an artisan-antique-incubator concept… (That “top-secret” thing we mentioned last month!)
- Taught another new single-session training called So You Got an Idea… NOW WHAT?
- Saw Avengers: Endgame (and is still speechless about it).
- Met with a local woman who spontaneously became a new business partner for a potential local mastermind…
- And some other stuff… LOL
In April Natalie also:
- Completely re-designed and launched a new website for her actress mom.
- Spontaneously got on a local TV show to talk about The Biz Plan Book.
- Created a new website that got a big sale within 24 hours of launching with no ads or paid traffic.
- Started creating a new flower and herb garden… and had a fight with her lawn mower (the mower won).
- Celebrated her hubs Lee’s birthday.
- Celebrated their 5 year wedding anniversary.
- Held the space for several of her private coaching clients to have super HUGE life-transforming breakthroughs.
- Took time to hike and almost ran into a moose.
- Launched a brand new podcast about healthy living and business, Fit and Fresh Life: Exploring the Science of You.
We hope you enjoyed this peek into our month of April. It seems we’re both crazy busy, but that doesn’t mean we’re not here for you!
Join The Book Ninja Academy to get the most direct access to us. 🙂
Please drop us a comment and share these articles with anyone you know who may benefit!
Feed the Soul of Your Audience by Natalie Collins
7 Simple Places to Market Yourself and Your Book by Kristen Joy
Spring Cleaning, Emotional Cleaning, and Grapevines… Oh my! March Wrap-Up by Kristen Joy (Check out the hilarious photo on this post!)
Your 6 Most Important Things To-Do List by Guest Expert D’vorah Lansky
A Journal is an Author’s Best Friend by Guest Expert Tracy Tennant
We look forward to checking in with you for a magnificent May!
Kristen Joy & Natalie Marie Collins
The Book Ninja